The Recording Industry Association Of America (RIAA) has announced that Kanye West’s Yeezus album has reached Platinum status, selling over 1 million copies since the album’s release on June 18th last year. The Platinum award continues Kanye’s perfect career history of million-plus moving albums and the RIAA took to Twitter for the announcement:
— RIAA (@RIAA) January 15, 2014
In semi-related news, word is spreading that a new religion inspired by Kanye West (surprisingly not created by him) is emerging. Yeezianity was founded just over a month ago and is based around the following five pillars:
1. All things created must be for the good of all.
2. No human being’s right to express themselves must ever be repressed.
3. Money is unnecessary except as a means of exchange.
4. Man possesses the power to create everything he wants and needs.
5. All human suffering exists to stimulate the creative powers of Man.
While all this may seem crazy, the founder, who remains anonymous, says its about positivity and the pursuit of elevating oneself. The religion does not worship Kanye it simply encourages people to aspire to his level. You can read the full interview Noisey did with the founder here.